Jamie Moran, LCSW, CGP is a Clinical Social Worker, Psychotherapist and Consultant working in Mental Health and Health Care since 1984. He specializes in psychodynamic group work, leading six weekly groups in San Francisco and Menlo Park, CA. Jamie has provided numerous trainings on a variety of group topics for therapists and group leaders, as well as committing to ongoing group training in various settings. He is a Faculty member of The Psychotherapy Institute's Group Therapy Training Program in Berkeley, CA. Additionally, Jamie works with individuals and couples across various populations and identities focused on grief, death and dying, burnout/stress management, gay men's issues and homophobia. He offers individual consultation for group leaders.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
CAMFT GAYLESTA NCGPS
I am currently leading six ongoing psychotherapy groups in Menlo Park and San Francisco for gay, bisexual and heterosexual men. Groups are guided by Family Systems Theory and here and now processes. Please check my website for current availability as openings fluctuate and new groups may be added.
New Men's Therapy Group starting in Menlo Park. Group will meet on Mondays from 8:00-9:30pm. Men today have few places to effectively address complex issues central to their experience. This group will provide common ground to explore the following:
• Learn to access and recognize feelings through non-judgmental and non-shaming exploration
• Develop a more intimate understanding and acceptance of oneself and others
• Connect with men encountering similar experiences in a supportive, safe yet challenging environment
• Acknowledge and explore potentially taboo subjects including competition, anger, sexuality and envy
• Address life/work balance in more effective ways
• Work toward more satisfying and positive relationships with both women and men
• Explore issues of trust and how it plays out regularly with many men.
Consultation Group for Group Leaders
Bimonthly group in Menlo Park meeting during the daytime on Mondays. Initial six session commitment. Open to leaders of all experience levels. Inquire for details.
Years in Practice: 27 School: San Francisco State Year Graduated: 1986